Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Madam Bear's Gizmos

Hellooo everyone, I'm Madam Bear. Guessed you guys must have heard or read a lot about me from my Facebook page and through all the blog posts the Humans had been writing. It's coming two months since I came to live here, after that fateful accident that left me weak and worsened my arthritis. Nevertheless, the Humans have been busy taking care of me while I  recuperate. Living like a queen now!


I was so bored of just laying around today that I decided to hijack the Human's computer while they were out.  So you guys might be wondering, how do the humans take care of me everyday?

My daily schedule:

  • 9.30 am               Breakfast

  • 9.45 am               Wound cleaning, body wipe down

  • 10 am to 3 pm      Nap. Humans goes out to find food.

  • 3 pm to 4 pm       Walk myself (in the house)

  • 4 pm                    Ends up laying in a different area, waiting to surprise Humans when they come back                                   

  • 8 pm                    Humans comes back with food, dinner time!

  • 8.15 pm               Exercise with Human's help

  • 8.45 pm               Wound cleaning. Tired. Sleep

  • 1 am                     Tumble to another part of the house to sleep, so Humans can be surprised again in                                           the morning.




I can't really walk much nowadays. I don't bark like Sam ( right: the other Golden Retriever who is staying with us for this month) when I want something (too much pride). When I'm thirsty, I'll just fake them with my sad eyes and lick my mouth to show that I'm hungry or feeling parched. Muahahaha....




Anyway, there are three very important items that helps me daily. They are quite useful for someone old with arthritis like me. I would like to share with you today...


We'll start off with this.. My favorite water bottle! It's a pet mobile drinker that can control the flow of water. With a controlled flow, it doesn't wet my pretty face and have the water straight to my mouth! It fills approximately 330 ml of water.











Previously when my ugly feet wounds were still raw, the Humans always wrap me up with this. It writes "Vetrap". Guessed it means Vet Wrap. Bad spelling.... Its a bandage for animals and it sticks on itself without using extra tapes. I didn't know 3M made bandages. God bless them, for making most things stick-able. Best of all, it doesn't get dragged off whenever I try to get up. I hope it comes in other colors. I really hate blue... I liked my previous yellow and pink bandages more!
























Next, we have the ... Diapers *shy* .... Due to fact that I'm quite immobilized, I had to sometimes do my "lady business" right there and then. The ones I use are from Petio. It comes with a small oval hole at the back for my tail. It also prevents the ... err... poop, from getting stuck inside the diapers. Without this clever invention, I'm most likely to be laying on my "stuff" everyday... Yikes... The diapers soaks real good, leaving me dry every moment of the day.. Comes in 16 pieces a pack, lasts me for about one week.






I'm actually much better now with the meds given by the vet. I have been standing on my own a few minutes every day, just to move myself away to a cooler spot where I can sleep better. On days where I feel weaker, I would just sleep it off, only waking up for meals. Overheard that the humans might want to bring me for some acupuncture therapy... OMG...


Oh Ya! My favorite meal now is kibbles with milk! Its just like the KoKo Pops cornflakes the humans are having, just that mine are made of lamb meat. I'm currently having Avoderm Lamb kibbles, with Cosi Pet's Milk. Being old with a weaker set of teeth, I prefer my food soft. Previously the Humans tried so hard to coax me into eating dry kibbles. They even mixed can food and boiled chicken meat on the kibbles! I didn't fall for it of course. I would just finish up the meat and leave the kibbles untouched. Lalala ... TRY HARDER..... Well, the Humans just don't get it...



           
       +




                               =  










Oh sh*t... I hear them coming back. Better start tumbling back to my bed.  Talk
to you guys next time!

Regards Restless,
Mdm Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment