Saturday, October 5, 2013

If you had left me there...

As I'm laying on this bed

Watching the day go by

Raw wounds are hounding me

So painful, I'd rather die



It was on that fateful night

Thunders roaring, lightning strike

Running blind, panicked with fright

Got caught by the gates, I struggled with my might


My paws were then torn

My cheeks were bruised

My skin were then worn

My hair, was gone



In time I was rescued

but the damage was done

I thought my time was nigh

To this life, I can finally be unbind


My mind then went dark as night

So could this be how Heaven is?

I felt cool floorings, I sense warming lights

Is this where I alas, rest in peace?


Nope, I wasn't let in

Into Heaven's gate I mean

Instead I was sent down here

Could this be where Heaven is on Earth?


My body has recovered

And the wounds are healed

But I can no longer stand

Without a kind helping hand





God works in mysterious ways they say

And I can never understand why

There are many questions in my mind today

Things I wanted to know, before we said good bye


Why did you bring me home that day?

Why did you raise me up?

Could things be better off in a way

If you had left me there, when I was just a little pup?





Mdm Bear may be recovering from her wounds, but earlier on, there were times I looked at her and couldn't see any sparkle of life within her eyes. Is she still fighting on or is it an effect of the medicines given? Does she look forward to the day when she can walk again? I wonder if all these were instead, us forcing our hopes and dreams onto her. Yes, of course we all want to see her eat, walk and live the remainder of her life happily on Earth .

Is it what she really wants?

The vet had suggested that she be PTS (put to sleep). Don't hate her. The reasons she gave us were logical ones that we can't deny. When is the right time to let go? This is the dilemma  that all pet owners have to go through one day. Peanut and Sasha are still young and healthy, thus we had never thought of anything like that. Who are we to decide when to end their lives anyway?

Maybe its true that God works in mysterious ways. This whole encounter with Mdm Bear, the rescuers and her ex - owner may be a lesson that He wants us to learn, and pass it on.

Her wounds are about 80% healed, appetite has been good and her mood has been improving. Nowadays she would turn her head to greet us whenever we come home. She was going to another foster home yesterday. An unfortunate accident left the foster-er with a bad knee and she can't take care of Mdm Bear now.

Nevertheless, everyone involved are not giving up anytime soon. We will continue to do our best for her. Never give up, never surrender (to circumstances) !

The Team
Pawmart




No comments:

Post a Comment