Thursday, October 24, 2013

Baby Steps, Once Again..

*Bop* ..... *Bop*..... *Bop*......

I was still at my desk finishing up some paperwork when I heard a thumping in the living room. Popped my head slowly out of the room, hoping that its not some paranormal activity that's going on. 

To my surprise, Mdm Bear was standing on her two hind legs, trying to move from one end of the living room to another. 

Her front legs were struggling to straighten up, and for more support, she used her snout to balance her whole body. I let her do what she wanted for awhile until it was real painful to watch how hard she was trying. She was fighting so hard for herself. All she wanted was to stand up. She ain't giving up yet.

My heart was squeezing me from the inside. I had to do something for her, right now! The muzzle was put on for her and I scooped her up in my arms. "Maybe some grass would do her good", I thought. Kelly was awoken when I was scrambling to wear some pants. Off we went to the grass patch downstairs, 3 A.M in the morning. 

Strangely, Mdm Bear didn't even growl when I lifted her up. She could certainly sense what was going on, wagging her tail slightly while in the lift. 

Onto the grass she went. No hesitation at all on what had to be done. She balanced herself steadily, as if trying to remember what it was like to walk again. Then, a miracle happened.

Kelly managed to capture some of the magical moments. 






With the grass and soil aiding her, she had more grip to lift her body up. She still tumbled around though. After each try she would lay down on the grass, panting with enthusiasm. A total of 10 times she tried, each lasting merely seconds. She must have missed laying down on grass patches, after so many weeks on a mattress to recover.

That first 30 secs of her walking had sparked hopes in us again. We shared the good news with the rescuers at around 4 A.M. Replies came instantly. Don't these people ever sleep? Now we want you guys to have the good news too. 

Thank you all who had been concerned with a dog like Mdm Bear. I believed your well wishes and prayers have reached her.

I guess all of it are coming true, little by little.

The Team
PawMart

PS: Do visit Mdm Bear's FaceBook Page to know more about her. 




No comments:

Post a Comment